Canned salmon is a great way to get in your weekly dose of fatty fish without breaking your budget. Bonus: Canned salmon is an awesome pantry staple. This recipe makes a great dinner for when you don’t know what to make—just head to the pantry, snag a few cans of salmon, and dinner is almost done!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans salmon, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (e.g., Old Bay Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Serve these with fresh lemon wedges!
Nutrition Per Serving: 317 calories, 16.9 g fat, 13.1 g carbs, 27.1 g protein
From Chia, Quinoa, Kale, Oh My! by Cassie Johnston, Countryman Press 2014.